Blogging tips

"People ignores design that ignores people"

" People ignores design that ignores people"
Frank Chimero

Friday 21 February 2014

Höst, design and food.

A restaurant that looks like a farm.


   This time I wanted to write a post that joins two of my  passions:
design & food.

   I always enjoyed finding new interiors and restaurants with a good design in every city I visited. That is the reason why I love The Restaurant & Bar Design Awards, which is a UK and international competition, now in its fifth year, and world's only event dedicated exclusively to the design of food and drink spaces.

   Like this I discovered Höst, the first Danish restaurant to win the annual R&BD Award and one of the great winners in that competition as the best restaurant in Europe.

   Host is the result of Norm Architects design studio and Menu studio, together with Cofoco restauranteur. Located in the centre of Copenhagen, it expresses everything that could be categorised as “Nordic”, and is the exquisite result of clashes: romantic yet modern, urban yet rural and rustic yet simplistic. It holds a very special place in people’s hearts because of its multiple stories, mixed inspirations and natural materials recreated the quietness of a farm in the heart of the city.

   Norm Architects ( this studio that I really love and that deserved time ago another of my post that you can still read when clicking -------->> HERE)even created a whole complete and specific tableware for this restaurant, based on the same concept and feeling. You can buy it online here

   No wonder about their success. Simplicity, good design and natural elements all together makes always a perfect team. 

   I hope you are luckiest than me and try it, then please, tell me about the experience!!(Don´t worry about I am gonna die of jealousness).
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...